Vital Bracelet Digital Monster
|Release Date|| March 13, 2021|
May 2021 (premium Bandai) July 21, 2022 (stores)
|Language||Japanese (Vital Bracelet), English (Vital Hero)|
|List of Virtual Pets|
|ver.BLACK||March 13, 2021|
|ver.WHITE||March 13, 2021|
|ver.SPECIAL||March 13, 2021 (Bandai Collectors Shop Exclusive)|
|Digivice-V-||October 2, 2021|
|ver.BLUE||July 21, 2022 (English Exclusive, Amazon Exclusive)|
|ver.RED||July 21, 2022 (English Exclusive, Formerly Walmart Exclusive)|
- Main article: Vital Bracelet Series/Memory Cards#Dim Cards
The Vital Bracelet Digital Monster, Vital Bracelet Digivice-V-, and Vital Hero all require Dim Cards to load Digimon for gameplay. Each Dim Card comes with a maximum of 17 Digimon, arranged into a themed evolution tree.
|Black Roar (Trial Version)|
|Shadow Howl (Trial Version)|
|Titan of Dust|
|Hermit in the Jungle|
|Nu Metal Empire|
|Dynasty of the Evil|
|Mad Black Roar|
|True Shadow Howl|
|Medarot × Digital Monster|
|Unobtainable (Raid Bosses)|
- The Vital Bracelet Digital Monster is a wearable virtual pet that looks like a smartwatch. The strap color is based on which model of the device you buy. The watch is thin but taller than most smart watches.
- The screen is made of plastic and is very prone to being scratched, do not use alcohol to clean the screen when applying a screen protector, it will stain it.
General Features / UI
- The left side has a black plastic removable cover, this is where Vital Bracelet Series/Memory Cards#Dim Cards are inserted.
- The right side contains 2 buttons and a Micro USB charging port in the middle. The top button allows the user to scroll through the device's features, and the bottom button is select. The Micro USB charging port has a dust cover attached to the device.
1. Clock: It displays the time using a 24-Hour clock, list your steps (called miles) and shows your Digimon mood. Pressing select on this page will show your Tamer level. The Tamer level is cosmetic and is based on progress in the Vital Bracelet Lab (VB Lab).
2. Status: This shows your status including how many Vitals your Digimon can still get, steps walked and your heartrate. That being said it is not the most accurate heartrate counter.
3. Digimon: It shows information about your Digimon's stats, what stage it's in, its attribute how long you have raised it.
4. Mission: Let's you select a mission to earn evolution requirements.
5. Storage: Allows you to store 1 Extra Digimon on your device, swapping Digimon does not re-supply the limited Normal and Hard Missions. The device itself does not need to reauthenticate these Dims, but when using different ones on the app it is required.
6. App Link: This allows your device to interact with the VB Lab or the Vital Bracelet Arena (VB Arena).
7. System: Allows you to change the time, brightness, volume, background and delete all your data.
The goal of the device is to raise a Digimon from Baby-I to Ultimate on an evolution tree. These Digimon do not require food or bathroom breaks, instead they require the players heart rate and specific exercise-based evolution requirements to be filled. A Digimon evolves when enough time passes and enough Trophies, Vital Values and Battles are collected. The more a Digimon has evolved the more Trophies, Vital Values and Battles will be required for a specific evolution.
These are earned from completing Normal, Hard and Special Missions. Normal and Hard missions update daily, Special Missons however are received from the VB Lab.
- Normal Mission: A single mission to be completed throughout the day for 1 Trophy. The player is asked player to earn a number of something, this can be Steps, Battles or Vital Values.
- Hard Missions: Multiple missions which can earn 1 to 2 Trophies each. The player is asked to do rotating a set of short exercises that reset at the end of the day.
- Special Missions: Hour long selectable missions from the now defunct VB Lab that are completed sequentially in the order of your choosing and are infinitely repeatable. They earn 3 Trophies each and the timer resets when a new mission starts.
Special Mission List
"Win 6 Fights"
"Battle 10 Times"
"Gain 360 Vitals"
"Walk 6000 Steps" (Listed as 6000 Miles in app)
The player walks a designated number of steps with their Digimon through 15 Stages and does not earn Trophies directly.
Completing all 15 Stages allows the player to obtain the hardest evolution on a majority of dims. Once the requirements are met it does not need to be done again unless the Dim's DRM is reset.
These are the fights your Digimon get into, like the traditional V-Pet too many back-to-back losses can kill your Digimon. All single player battles on the device itself pull opponents from your own Dim. Battles can be in triggered multiple ways.
- NFC contact: If the watch comes in contact with a NFC device that is outputting a signal a random battle based will happen.
- Adv Mission: The first battle in Adv Mission will count as a battle, when the battle is complete, close out Adv Mission and start it over as future battles will not count.
- VS Memory: This is a dim card comes with the device, you use it to battle a player in the real world.
- Vital Bracelet Lab App: These Battles provide EXP for your tamer level when a tour ends, and can increase your Vital Value score, but do not count as a battle for Evolution requirements.
- Vital Bracelet Arena App: These battles only decrease Vital Values. They have to be increased by sending your Digimon to the watch or with event only "Vital Drinks".
These are Values your Digimon earns from detecting your heart rate. The more you exercise the higher they go. They do have a limit though, to reduce them lose battles, use the -1000 Vitals item from VB lab or take the watch off without your Digimon being asleep.
The device can keep track of your steps. That being said it is not the most accurate counter, shaking it around counts as steps. Pairing it with a mobile app that counts steps is recommended.
Adv Mission: Each time you clear these without stopping, your Digimon has its fights recorded and saved correctly. However, only the first battle is recorded for an overlapping mission. This glitch is not well documented and may have variation between hardware / software revisions. There are some reports that no battles are recorded at all besides the first one.
Digimon in general share some evolution requirements, Its not always the case but this is a good starting point. If you need to stop evolution hold the select button during the evo screen. Also, Trophies are called PP in the VB Arena App.
Baby-I = 1 Hour
Baby-II = 3 Hours
Child = 16 Hours
Adult = 24 Hours
Perfect = 24 Hours
Ultimate = 24 Hours / 3 Hours via Jogress
Generalized Evolution Requirements
Baby-I -> Baby-II
Baby-II -> Child
- None for Single Child Dims
- None or 1200+ Vitals for two Child Dims
Child -> Adult
- Easiest Evolution = None
- Easy Evolution = 5+ Trophies, 600+ Vitals, 3+ Fights
- Normal Evolution = 8+ Trophies, 900+ Vitals, 5+ Fights
- Hard Evolution = 10+ Trophies, 1300+ Vitals, 8+ Fights
Adult -> Perfect
- Easiest Evolution = 8+ Trophies, 2000+ Vitals, 10+ Fights, 50% Win Rate
- Easy Evolution = 10+ Trophies, 2500+ Vitals, 10+ Fights, 50% Win Rate
- Normal Evolution = 12+ Trophies, 3000+ Vitals, 15+ Fights, 70% Win Rate
Perfect -> Ultimate
- Easiest Evolution = 10+ Trophies, 4500+ Vitals, 15+ Fights, 50% Win Rate
- Easy Evolution = 15+ Trophies, 4500+ Vitals, 15+ Fights, 70% Win Rate
- Normal Evolution = 20+ Trophies, 5000+ Vitals, 20+ Fights, 70% Win Rate
Ultimate -> Another Ultimate
- Easiest Evolution = 30+ Trophies, 8500+ Vitals, 30+ Fights, 70% Win Rate
The Vital Bracelet Digital Monster comes in Multiple Models. They all come with a VS memory for local Multiplayer
Vital Bracelet Digital Monster
- Launch device with the DM logo, it comes in black, white or yellow. Pulsemon is included with the black and white versions, while Veemon is with yellow.
- Digimon have their own sleep schedule and the evolution counter stops counting down while they are asleep.
- Vital Values drop more quickly when the user is not wearing the watch.
- The menu buttons do not contain text describing what each button does and the storage icon looks different.
- Dims are locked to 1 device.
- Users do have access to debugging tools for resetting Dim Card DRM.
- 2nd Revision device with the triple V logo, it's navy blue and includes Gammamon.
- Digimon fall asleep when you tell them to, you do this by pressing both buttons on the clock screen.
- Digimon Evolution time passes while the Digimon is asleep.
- Vital Values drop slower with the watch off.
- Exercise Requirements are less strict on the Digivice V.
- Selectable elements are now labeled in English.
- Dims are locked to 3 devices.
- Users may have access to debugging tools for resetting Dim Card DRM. It depends on the firmware on the Digivice V.
- This is mostly rebadged Digivice V, it has DM logo like the first Vital Bracelet model as well.
- The arm strap is longer for the global market, and the Un-adjustable volume for its beeping sounds is slightly quieter.
- Digimon Stages and Attributes will be in English when using the Vital Hero. Digimon names depend on the Dim Card itself.
- Users do not have access to debugging tools for resetting Dim Card DRM.
- Vital Hero's originally came in 3 Digimon variants before expanding outside the Digimon IP. The launch colors are red (Dinosaur Roar), blue (Wolf Howl) and black (Pulse City).
- Based on the Digivice V, this watch is designed for Kamen Rider / Ultraman VBMs. It is partially compatible with Digimon Dims.
- All Bandai Character watches come in some shade of black, and have the longer arm strap like the Vital Hero. Check for the VB, 50th or 55th logos.
- Jogress is not functional as Vbm cards are not made for it. Also using Vbms on your Digimon Device is not recommended as Adventure mode doesn't save.
- 2 Dims can be used a Bandai Characters Device, and this does not take away from the Device limit of Digimon watches.
- Users do have access to debugging tools, but not for resetting Dim Card DRM.
App Features & Compatibility
Before sending anyone to an app make sure your using correct watch, otherwise there will transfer problems on one or more of these apps.
Vital Bracelet Lab
- As of 3-13-23 at 15:00 JST the service has been shut down.
- The app works with Vital Bracelet Digital Monster, Digivice V, and the Vital Hero.
- File transfer is seamless.
- There is a shop with items and missions to enhance the player experience.
- The app has limited storage for Digimon.
- There were live group raids to unlock more storage and themes.
- The app had asynchronous online multiplayer for the cosmetic tamer exp / level and item prizes.
- Transferring a Digimon off VB Lab while it is asleep in Lab will not transfer missions over.
Vital Bracelet Arena
- The VB Arena treats the Vital Bracelet Digital Monster / Digivice V, Vital Hero and Bandai Character Watch as separate devices.
- Online Multiplayer is live but requires all parties to have the same supported category of device.
- VB Arena has unlimited Storage.
- Dims stats are locked in VB Arena. This means BEM Digimon from the newer Vital Bracelet BE are far stronger than regular Dims.
- VB Arena doesn't allow for data transfer between devices.
- The following have been removed; item shop, tamer level, group raids and special missions.
- The Vital Bracelet BE cannot play with any other devices physically.
- Digimon transfer is glitchy in VB Arena, if your Digimon clones itself, delete the clone without closing the app. Clones will corrupt your account, which would require a in app file wipe to fix.
As of August 1, 2021, the Vital Bracelet Digital Monster has sold over 200,000 units.
Japanese Digimon Vital Bracelet Models
|ver.BLACK||ver.WHITE||ver.SPECIAL||Vital Bracelet Digivice-V-|
Japanese Digimon Vital Bracelet Boxes
|ver.BLACK||ver.WHITE||ver.SPECIAL||Vital Bracelet Digivice-V-|
US Exclusive Digimon Vital Bracelets Boxes
|Vital Hero Digital Monster - Black||Vital Hero Digital Monster - Blue
|Vital Hero Digital Monster - Red|
(Formerly Walmart Exclusive)
Digimon DIM Cards
|Impulse City / Pulse City||Ancient Warriors||Black Roar (Premium Bandai Gachapon)||Shadow Howl (Premium Bandai Gachapon)|
|Agumon||Gabumon||Blizzard Fang||Volcanic Beat|
|Infinite Tide||Titan of Dust||Hermit in the Jungle||Nu Metal Empire|
|Guilmon (Premium Bandai Gachapon)||Impmpn (Premium Bandai Gachapon)||Renamon (Premium Bandai Gachapon}||Monodramon (Premium Bandai Gachapon)|
|Mad Black Roar||True Shadow Howl||Dynasty of Evil||Gammamon|
|Medarot X DigitalMonster||Angoramon||Jellymon||Guilmon EX2|
|Terriermon EX2||Renamon EX2||Primeval Warriors||Dinosaur Roar|
|Concept art||Concept art||Concept art||Concept art|
- Originally only new Digimon were going to be used, but this decision was changed after looking at the Digimon catalog. 
- The Vital Bracelet series has more than just Digimon. There is Bandai Characters, Vital Hero DC Comics, and a variety of franchises being made for the Vital Bracelet BE.
- Vital Hero Memory (VHM) loads on the BE, Bandai Characters, Original Vital Bracelet / Digivice V and Vital Hero, however VB Arena will only accept a Vital Hero for app transfer.
- The Vital Bracelet and Vital Bracelet Characters devices each had their own Lab app before VB Arena. Both Lab apps are now delisted, with Characters Lab being the only one still functioning.
- The US exclusives Dims "Dinosaur Roar" and "Wolf Howl" are remixed versions of "Mad Black Roar" and "True Shadow Howl". They have some roster changes and 2 child Digimon each.
- Along with "Impulse City", the entire Vol Series excluding "Mad Black Roar" and "True Shadow Howl" have English Dim variants. There are no gameplay changes, just English text.
- "Impulse City" had its Dim card name changed to "Pulse City" when sold in the US.