Digital Monster Ver.20th
|[[Image:|center|130px| ver. ]]|
|Release Date||June 26, 2017|
|List of Virtual Pets|
There are 135 Digimon total. 115 of them are obtainable, 20 of them are not.
- Original Brown: Special Agumon Digitama
- Original Gray: Special Gabumon Digitama
- Omegamon color: Coronamon Digitama
- Zubamon color: Meicoomon Digitama
- Alphamon color: Lunamon Digitama
|Original Brown||Original Gray|
|Omegamon color||Alphamon color||Zubamon color|
Set Up and Gameplay
- For a better understanding of the basic functions of the Ver.20th, please refer to the [English Translated Manual].
- All previous counters reset when the Digimon evolves. So, for example, any care mistakes or training done to newly hatched Digimon will not affect growth in future levels at all.
- The requirements for Adult and Perfect level Digimon are the still the same as the first generation 1997 Digital Monster V-pet, except for the removal of Sleep disturbance as an evolution requirement in the Ver.20th.
- The evolution guide for Ver.1 to 5 can be found here: [FileIsland Evolution Guide]
- Special eggs such as Dracomon and Hackmon have a linear evolutionary path, so just take good care of them to allow them to reach the Adult level.
- Winning percentage in battle plays an important role in evolution to the Perfect and Ultimate levels. Keep it at 90% and above for a higher chance of evolving.
- Calls/Care Mistakes
- Digimon will beep when its Hunger or Strength meter runs out. Leaving the Digimon unfed for 10 minutes will result in 1 care mistake.
- Digimon will beep when its time to sleep. Leaving the Digimon asleep without a blanket for 10 minutes will result in 1 care mistake.
- Injury and Overfeeding are NOT care mistakes. Whenever a care mistake is about to happen, the Call Icon (the last icon) lights up and is accompanied with a beeping sound. If you do not attend to your Digimon for 10 minutes, the call icon will go out again, and it will be counted as 1 care mistake. If BOTH hunger and strength run out at the same time, this still only counts as only 1 care mistake.
- Only successful training rounds are counted for evolution. Successful tag training counts for both Digimon.
- 4 successful training rounds = 1 effort meter. The effort meter is permanent for each level. If you are aiming for an Adult level Digimon with low training evolution requirement, keep the effort meter low until it evolves.
- To overfeed, stuff the Digimon with food until it won't eat any more, and this will be counted as 1 Overfeed. It is necessary to wait until it loses a hunger heart before overfeeding it again.
- In Game Battles
- You may continue to fight tougher battles up to 100 stages, and encounter stronger Digimon to battle with.
- Resetting the stage will bring you back to stage 1, making it a good method for increasing winning percentage for evolutionary purposes.
- Copy Feature
- Players can send a copy of any Digimon that they have in their album, even if it has passed away or Joggressed.
- Copied Digimon may only be selected during battles, and the player cannot actually take care of it. It will also not be registered into their album.
- Sleep Disturbances
- Sleep disturbance requirements have been fully removed as an evolution requirement in the Ver.20th.
- If you wake a Digimon, it will wake up without counting as a care mistake or sleep disturbance.
- If you let your Digimon sleep at any other time outside of its sleeping hours, it will continue to sleep for 3 hours straight and fully recover its stamina.
- Unlocking Eggs
- Zubamon Egg = Unlocked after 50+ wins in any types of battles.
- Hackmon Egg = Unlocked after 80+ wins in any types of battles.
- Coredramon (Blue) Egg = Unlocked upon having more than 5+ Digimon registered in your album.
- Coredramon (Green) Egg = Unlocked upon having more than 25+ Digimon registered in your album.
- WarGreymon Egg = Exclusive to the Brown Ver.20th only; unlocked upon connecting with 5 or more Digital Monster Ver.20th with a different Tamer name.
- MetalGarurumon Egg = Exclusive to the Gray Ver.20th only; unlocked upon connecting with 5 or more Digital Monster Ver.20th with a different Tamer name.
- Dorumon Egg = Unlocked when a Brown/Gray Ver.20th connects with any Black/Gold/Yellow Ver.20th. Unlocks on both upon successful connection.
- Other Info
- To Combine or Jogress a Digimon, have them battle together in many Tag battles.
- Monzaemon, Vademon, Giromon, Piccolomon and Nanomon cannot evolve to the Ultimate level.
- Dracomon does not have a branching evolution route; its evolution route is determined from its egg design.
- Accumulating a total of 20 injuries, leaving a Digimon injured for 6 hours, or not feeding a Digimon for 12 hours will result in death.
- Exclusive eggs such as War Greymon and Metal Garurumon can only be unlocked by connecting with 5 or more Digital Monster Ver.20th with a different Tamer name.
- Players are not forced to take care of two Digimon; they can leave the second egg unhatched if they wanted to, but many features cannot be accessed without a copy Digimon.
Evolving to Perfect and Ultimate
- Perfect Requirement
- 15 or more battle during Adult level. (single or tag does not matter as long as it has battled 15+ times)
- There is a chance of fail evolve if you have low win percent so a total winning percentage of 90% or above is recommended.
- Ultimate Requirement
- Less than 2 Care Mistake during Perfect level.
Info provided by Official Bandai Twitter
Tips and Tricks
- Tired of Digimon getting injured from collecting poop? You can avoid this by leaving the poop uncleaned and your digimon will never get injured from poop anymore (except for the first time). You also don't have to worry about cleaning poop anymore, but half of your screen will be full of poop which is a bit annoying.
- Want faster training? This can only be done on single training only. You can quickly press C when the screens shows the fully destroyed wall to skip the happy animation. The training still counts if you do this.
- Want to purposely make a care mistake? Set the time to 6.45am and let it sleep without a blanket until it wakes up at 7.00am, this counts as 1 care mistake. Repeat if you want more care mistakes. Each process takes roughly 15 minutes. If you only want your 1st partner digimon to get a care mistake, but not your 2nd partner, put the other partner to sleep with a blanket each time.
- Want to quickly kill your Digimon? Feed it 99g Protein/Vitamins and purposely lose to higher level single battle (perfect and ultimate stage is best) until it gets sick 20 times.
- The first wave of 20th Anniversary V-pets released exactly 20 years after the release of Digital Monster Ver. 1 and in the same original colors.
- The Digitama designs from the English version of the 1997 V-Pet have been re-used for the new Digimon in the 20th Anniversary V-Pet.
- At first it appeared rather ironic that the first wave exclusive Omegamon wasn't obtainable in the Omegamon colored V-Pet however Bandai eventually announced that all three second wave V-Pets will have Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon obtainable from the two Dracomon eggs. 
- Grace Novamon made its first appearance as a sprite pixel without having an official art during its announcement.