Digimon World (series)
Digimon World (デジモンワールド, Dejimon Wārudo) is a series of video games based on the Digimon franchise. It consists of four main games themed around the series' core elements, as well as several spin-offs exploring other aspects.
The series was introduced in 1999 with Digimon World for PlayStation. The basic idea of the game, which was carried over to build the series, consists around the player finding themselves into the Digital World and raising their own Digimon as instituted in the Virtual Pets, while progressing through the game's story. Digimon World was followed by two sequels, after which the series stayed inactive for over 10 years, until Digimon World Re:Digitize in 2012. Several spin-offs have released through the years, while several unrelated games have also carried the Digimon World brand for their western release.
- Digimon World, 1999 - PlayStation
- Digimon World 2, 2000 - PlayStation
- Digimon World 3, 2002 - PlayStation
- Digimon World Re:Digitize, 2012 - PlayStation Portable
- Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode, 2013 - Nintendo 3DS
- Digimon World -next 0rder-, 2016 - PlayStation Vita
- Digimon World -next 0rder- International Edition, 2017 - PlayStation 4
- Pocket Digimon World, 2000 - PocketStation
- Pocket Digimon World: Wind Battle Disc, 2000 - PocketStation
- Pocket Digimon World: Cool & Nature Battle Disc, 2001 - PocketStation
- Digimon World: Digital Card Battle, 1999 - PlayStation
- Digimon World: Digital Card Arena, 2000 - PlayStation
- Digimon World X, 2005 - PlayStation 2, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox