Digimon Story (series)
Digimon Story (デジモンストーリー, Dejimon Sutōrī) is a series of role-playing video games based on the Digimon franchise.
The series was introduced in 2006 with Digimon Story for Nintendo DS. Unlike the Digimon World series, the series puts greater emphasis on monster-collecting in addition to monster-raising element. The gameplay consists of turn-based battles where players hold a party of Digimon to engage in turn-based fights as they train and evolve their Digimon while progressing through the game's story.
Three games in the series were released under Digimon World brand outside Japan, leading to some confusion among the overseas fandom. Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth was the first game in the series to be released under Digimon Story brand outside Japan.
The series also spawned a manga adaptation.
- Digimon Story, 2006 - Nintendo DS
- Digimon Story: Sunburst & Digimon Story: Moonlight, 2007 - Nintendo DS
- Digimon Story: Lost Evolution, 2010 - Nintendo DS
- Digimon Story: Super Xros Wars Blue & Digimon Story: Super Xros Wars Red, 2011 - Nintendo DS
- Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, 2015 - PlayStation Vita, 2017 - PlayStation 4
- Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory, 2017 - PlayStation Vita & PlayStation 4