- For the toy of the same name, see Digivice: Toy.
- Can be used alongside a human's emotions to evolve a Digimon.
- Can allow a human to read Digimoji.
- Can connect and be used for communications with Koshiro's tablet. When used this way, the Crest of Knowledge is displayed in the Digivices:.
- Can also communicate with other Digivices:.
- Can be used to talk with the owner's Partner Digimon.
- After an update, can read a Digimon's vital signs and then analyze and display data on it.
- Can create energy barriers to protect their users. Said barriers take the colour of their Chosen Child's Crest.
- Yagami Taichi: Orange when activated
- Ishida Yamato: Blue when activated
- Takenouchi Sora: Red when activated
- Izumi Koshiro: Purple when activated
- Tachikawa Mimi: Green when activated
- Kido Joe: Gray when activated
- Takaishi Takeru: Yellow when activated
- Yagami Hikari: Pink when activated
The Chosen Children recieved their Digivices: when they met with their Partner Digimon. They materialized out of nowhere, and were then used by them for their various abilities, most importantly to evolve their Partner Digimon.
After learning of the secret of the Crests from Wisemon in "The Mystery Hidden Within the Crests", the Digivices: showed compasses, pointing the Chosen Children in different directions which they followed in order to find said secret. However, these did not point to specific places, but rather Digimon and situations that would spark the Chosen Children's growth.
While normally white with coloured lights upon being used, the Digivices: turn into the colour of the Chosen Child's respective Crest once they get closer to figuring out the secret of said Crests, normally when they obtain their Ultimate-level evolutions, though this is temporary and they do return to being white afterwards. As well, while the Digivice: normally merely shows the Chosen Child's Crest in its screen when they show their Crest's trait, once they change colours, the Crest is projected from the Digivice: instead, replacing the compasses.
- It first happened to Tachikawa Mimi in "The Digimon School Under Attack", after Lilimon evolved into Rosemon and defeated Bancho Mamemon.
- It happened to Ishida Yamato in "The Gold Wolf of the Crescent Moon" after him and Were Garurumon: Sagittarius Mode managed to reawaken the gold sword fighter's weapon, which then caused the latter to evolve into Cres Garurumon to fight Zanbamon.
- Yagami Hikari accomplished it in "Hikari, New Life", after the Digitama she was protecting hatched into Nyokimon. This caused Angewomon to project an Ofanimon aura, powering her up to the point where she could defeat and purify the Skull Baluchimon who had beat her earlier, as well as a group of Soulmon, returning them all to Digitama.
- Izumi Koshiro accomplished it in "Bolt, Herakle Kabuterimon", after realizing that his friendship with Tentomon was knowledge. This allowed Atlur Kabuterimon to Ultimate Evolve into Herakle Kabuterimon, giving him the strength to easily defeat Nanomon and Gran Kuwagamon.
- It happened to Kido Joe after his leadership qualities were recognized by Olegmon and his crew, alongside the hot spring crew, Bancho Mamemon and Gomamon in "Vikemon Ventures the Glaciers".
- After Takaishi Takeru managed to get El Doradimon to climb back up to Cloud Continent with the help of Gravimon and Holy Angemon, who projected a Seraphimon aura, in "A Place to Return To", his shining hope accomplished this as well.
- Takenouchi Sora accomplished it in "The Tears of Shakkoumon", after she decided to stop Shakkoumon without fighting and swore to restore its role as a guardian deity. Unlike the previous examples, Piyomon had already obtained her Ultimate form, Hououmon, by the time it happened, and she did not obtain a new Ultimate-level at this time.
- The last one to accomplish this was Yagami Taichi, who did so in "The Crest of Courage" after passing Valkyrimon's test. As Sora and Piyomon, Agumon did not obtain a new Ultimate-level evolution, and in fact, did not even use the two he did have, War Greymon and Blitz Greymon, during the episode.
As explained by Algomon in "The Great Catastrophe, Negamon", the Digivices: are the materialization of the Digital World's instinct to exist, and thus the extreme opposite to Negamon and its servants.
Adventure:'s Yagami Taichi has his Digivice: with him when he's transported to the V-Tamer Digital World. After he and Agumon decided to keep fighting in spite of being overpowered, the Crest of Courage appeared in the eyes of both himself and V-Tamer's Yagami Taichi. This filled the Digivice: with energy, causing it to glow. Adventure:'s Taichi then raised the Digivice: to the sky and called out that it was time to evolve, which created a massive Crest of Courage in the sky that evolved Zeromaru and Agumon into Ulforce V-dramon Future Mode and an incomplete War Greymon, respectively, which gave them enough power to destroy the polyhedron.