The eight DigiMemories (「デジメモリ」 ""Dejimemori""?), also written as Sekai no Kioku (「世界の記憶」? lit. "The world's memories"), are powerful items that appear primarily in Digimon Next, but are intertwined with the frequently appearing concepts of "Fields" (「フィールド」 ""Fīrudo""?) and "Species".
List of DigiMemories
|Type||Kanji/Kana||Romanization||Symbol||Original Holder||NEO part|
|Holy||セイ (聖)||Sei||Piccolomon||Hair of flames|
|Dragon||リュウ (竜)||Ryū||Agumon||Right Arm|
|Machine / Mutant||キカイ・ヘンイ (機械変異)||Kikai-Heni||Andromon||Left Arm|
|Insect / Plant||ムシ・クサキ (虫草木)||Mushi-Kusaki||Atlur Kabuterimon||Spines|
The Digi-Memories are a set of eight pendants, each representing a kind of Digimon. Barbamon sought to gather all eight Digi-Memories, to complete NEO, his supreme Digimon. He then planned to use NEO to control the Digital World after recreating it in his image.
The Digi-Memories were each possessed by a Digimon who embodied that Digi-Memory. While contained within the Digimon, the Digi-Memory gave them more power than was usual for a Digimon of their level. This extra power was kept as they evolved.
- The Dragon Digi-Memory was possessed by Tatsuno Tsurugi's Agumon, but was taken from him in Victory Greymon form by NEO.
- The Beast Digi-Memory was possessed by Inui Yuu's Gaomon. It was taken by NEO after defeating Gaomon in Z'd Garurumon form.
- The Bird Digi-Memory was possessed by Kahara Shou's Peckmon. It was taken by NEO when it was created.
- The Water Digi-Memory was possessed by Kitajima Ami's Pitchmon. It was given to NEO by Barbamon, along with Pichimon.
- The remaining four Digi-Memories all belonged to partnerless Digimon, strangely creating a situation where half of the Digi-Memories are possessed by Aato (Artificial) Digimon and the other four are possessed by 'true' Digimon.
- The Insect/Plant Digi-Memory was possessed by Atlur Kabuterimon, but was taken from him by Shou Kahara's Yatagaramon.
- The Machine/Mutant Digi-Memory was possessed by Andromon, and it is unknown how he lost it. It is assumed that Chaosdramon took it after destroying him.
- Finally, the Dark Digi-Memory belonged to Barbamon. After he was destroyed by Victory Greymon, he passed the Digi-Memory and his data to NEO.
NEO was created as a result of combining all eight Digi-Memories. It proved almost unstoppable, even when the spirits of the destroyed Digi-Memory holders (minus Barbamon) fought against it. However, after Tsurugi's Victory Greymon impales NEO, empowered by the bonds between humans and Digimon, NEO realizes that feelings are important and that everything wants to live, so it releases the Digi-Memories, which rebuild the Digital World.